The Galician Open Water Association, organizer of the CÍESISLANDSCHALLENGE was created in 2007 by several swimmers of the Real Nautical Club of Vigo. We have also organized other activities such as:
- Open water swim Cíes-Vigo in 2007 and 2008.
- Open water full swim in the National Park of the Galician Atlantic Islands in 2009.
- 1st Annual CÍESISLANDSCHALLENGE 2010.
- 2nd Annual CÍESISLANDSCHALLENGE 2011.
- 3rd Annual CÍESISLANDSCHALLENGE 2012.
- 4rd Annual CÍESISLANDSCHALLENGE 2013.
The existence of this association has as a goal, between others:
- The promotion of open water swimming and sport in general.
- The promotion of a natural environment in Galician Southern Inlets and its biodiversity.
- The development of sports activities, environmental respect and activities related with sports and health.
- Development of healthy lifestyles.
- To foment institution relationships with other associations targeted to promote healthy life choices.
- Favor institution relationships with other entities devoted to the fields of health, sport and environment.